Qualifications are given in Scripture for elders. An elder must have Spirit-given desire, he must also meet other objective biblical qualifications. Part 5 of 9.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
Click here for the next lesson in this series.
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Read Titus 1:6. Discuss what the speaker said regarding this verse and what types of problems with children should or should not exclude a man from eldership.
- An elder must be pure in his sexual life. What are ways that you and your fellow elders keep each other accountable in this area?
- Meet with at least two elders and ask them which of the qualifications they are doing well in and which are more of a struggle for them? In other words, none of us measures up perfectly in all areas. Ask them to identify their areas of strength and weakness.
- What steps are you taking to help you resist sexual temptation? To safeguard your internet use? Ask your (fellow) elders what they are doing in this area?
- Study the qualification of "husband of one wife," using a couple of good commentaries. List out the different views and evaluate them. Which view do you hold to and why?