I. Necessity for B______________ Qualifications
A. It is a matter of first importance.
B. Three important reasons for the necessity of biblical qualifications:
1. To protect the church from u__________ men in leadership
1. To help improve the elders’ moral and s_______________ character
1. To help improve the elders’ s_________________________ skills
II. Qualifications for Elders
1. S________________-Given Desire
"Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God.” (Acts 20:28 ESV)
2. P____________________ Desire
“The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.” (1 Tim. 3:1)
3. O_____________________ Desire
"Shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly” (1 Peter 5:2).