The elder’s first duty is to feed God’s flock. Some elders will labor at preaching and teaching, and for that, the congregation will give them material compensation.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Why is Titus 1:9 considered by the speaker to be one of the most important qualifications for defining a New Testament, Christian elder?
- What is the difference between a board elder and a shepherd elder?
- Why is it absolutely vital for the church eldership to understand the teaching of 1 Tim. 5:17-18?
- Study the Greek word for “labor” in 1 Tim. 5:17. Give a thorough definition of this word. It is important to understand the significance of this word for elders.
- Check as many Bible translations as you can concerning the translation of 1 Tim. 5:17. You can also use a paraphrase translation if it helps you understand the passage. Is there one translation or paraphrase that opens up the meaning of the passage to you?