Second message on prayer from Ephesians 6:18: Lessons 2-4. Pray at all times, pray in the Spirit, be alert in order to persevere in prayer.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Spend 10 minutes right now in prayer, putting into practice what you have learned so far on prayer.
- Out of the four lessons on prayer stated thus far, which one is the most convicting to you at this point in your life as an elder?
- Pick two Scripture references on prayer from the whole of Scripture that most motivate you to consistent, persistent prayer. Read these before you pray, so as to keep you motivated.
- On your own, using a Bible concordance or a bible software search function, look up the word “prayer” and determine how many times the word “prayer” or “pray” is used in Scripture. What does this tell you about the relative importance of prayer?
- Make a commitment to find one or two people serving in a ministry at a your church, and specifically and intentionally thank them for their ministry and ask how you can pray for them.
All the Prayers of the Bible, by Herbert Lockyer