This module examines how Scripture is relevant to the elders’ work and provides practical advice for developing and implementing a consistent plan, place and time for Bible reading.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What are the greatest hindrances to your regular and consistent Bible reading? What are some ways that those hindrances could be overcome?
- How do you think having an accountability partner would aid in your being consistent in Bible reading? What are the pros and cons?
- What are some ways an elder can become more proficient in handling the Scriptures? What are some helpful elements in a plan to improve your handling of Scripture?
- Write down your plan for reading through the Bible. Be specific: which portions and how often, where, and what time of day? When will you start? How will you keep track of your progress? What resources will you use to help you understand the more difficult books of the Bible?
“Do It Yourself Bible Reading Program,” article by Chuck Gianotti