Elders are distinguished by their commitment to the Word of God, and by their ability to apply it to encourage and to correct.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What specific kinds of error should you be watching for in the church in America (general) and in your church in particular?
- What should you do if this error were introduced by one of the elders (as Paul warned in Acts 20)?
- Talk with the elders in your church about what error needs to be addressed. Write them down and prioritize them according to their urgency.
- Select one specific false teaching that could endanger your church. Write down how you would go about preparing your congregation to resist it. Chart out a plan for studying how to counter it using Scripture. Show this to and interact with another elder about it.
Major Bible Themes, John F. Walvoord and Lewis Sperry Chafer
Basic Theology: A Popular Guide to Understanding Biblical Truth, by Charles Ryrie
Christian Beliefs: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know, by Wayne Grudem and Elliot Grudem