Elders must manage their households well and have believing children. This lesson challenges the elder to understand the importance of this requirement and to evaluate his own family.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- How would you respond to a man desiring to be an elder, who married a widow with children who are unruly and disrespectful?
- There is debate among interpreters about whether elders should have “faithful children” or “children who believe.” Compare and contrast the practical differences in these interpretations when it comes to evaluating a potential elder.
- Ask three trusted, godly Christians to give you honest feedback about your ability to manage your household.
- What action items can you take away from this feedback to encourage spiritual growth and character development in your children?
Focus on the Family is a huge website having to do with all things family, including child raising.
Growing Kids God’s Way. This is a discipled approach to raising children.
Note: As with all materials concerning the raising of children, there is some variance among Christians leaders and writers. These materials should be used advisedly, but you will find much helpful information in them. Both organizations are dedicated to the spiritual health of the family.