Part two of a three-part series on the pitfalls that a leader in the local church faces.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What are the common pet themes that sidetrack your church from staying focused on the gospel? What steps must be taken to avoid them?
- What steps can an elder take to help manage the expectations of the members for a church leader?
- Is the role of an elder a “spiritual gift”? Are there any gifts that are required in order to be an elder?
- What expectations do people have of the elders in your church? Ask three non-elders. Then ask three elders. Compare and contrast. If these expectations are not the same, find out why?