Among the last words of Jesus to Peter, John 21 provides teaching for church leaders on loving the people of God. Part 1 of 3.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Try to put yourself in the sandals of the disciples (especially Peter) at this point in time. What might some concerns or fears be, and how does this event address them?
- With all that John could have written (John 21:25), why do you think he included this fishing story? How does this story impact/relate to your being a disciple of our Lord?
- We know that these seven disciples were together (John 21:2). Where do you think the other disciples were? Is this important? Why does John include such details?
- Make a list of five people you have shared the gospel with in the last year. Write their names down. Then write down the names of 10 people that you plan to witness to in the next 12 months. Pray and commit yourself to reach out to those people.