This is part four in a five part series on developing leadership.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- How do you understand suffering as being an essential qualification of leadership?
- Is it possible for a person’s suffering to turn them away from Christ? What’s the difference with a person whose sufferings take them deeper with Christ?
- In what ways does your suffering help you lead or teach others, even if they have not suffered in the exact same way as you?
- If you have experienced suffering, write out how this has helped your leadership as opposed to before you experienced that suffering? How have your leveraged that experience to help you lead or shepherd more effectively?
- If you have not experienced suffering, talk with an elder who has gone through it. How do they view it as being a gift?