In this four part series, Chuck Gianotti examines the role and practical implications of a full-time elder as part of a team of elders in the local church.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What kind of expectations besides preaching and teaching the Word do you think a full-time elder should take on?
- Do you agree with the speaker's statement that to call a full-time elder “the pastor” denigrates the value of others in the church who pastor/shepherd (i.e. Sunday school teachers, women shepherding other women, etc.)?
- Is there a place for rewarding elders who are not full time and do not desire to be full time, but who do work hard at preaching and teaching the Word?
- Think of a way you can “reward” a non-fulltime elder that has taught you the Word of God. Put your idea into practice. Share with your mentor what you have resolved to do.