Who shepherds the shepherds? Elders must shepherd themselves and each other. Join Bob Deffinbaugh as he investigates this important subject in the third of a four part series.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What other ways can your church ensure accountability in a practical way among the elders?
- Do you agree or disagree with the concept of "once an elder, always an elder?" Why or why not?
- What are your church’s requirements for elders? Are these clearly outlined in a way that they can be used to evaluate the elders?
- Most churches divide up what the speaker calls “administrative turf.” How does your church do this, and what safeguards (if any) are in place to preserve the plurality of authority even in those assigned ministry areas?