This is a series based on 3 John 9-10 and the apostle John’s rebuke concerning Diotrephes. A study of this man’s character provides great insight into how one ought to and ought not to act as a Christian leader.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Diotrephes refused to listen to the apostles. How is he an example of the need for a plurality of elders?
- The “Diotrephes Syndrome” doesn’t always manifest itself in the same way. What are some other examples of this syndrome that you have seen or know of?
- Ask 2 or 3 close friends, mentors or fellow-elders, whether there is or has been a hint of the Diotrephes Syndrome in you?
- Memorize Psalm 139:23-24.