Part 1 of the series on developing a shepherd’s heart by modeling what you want to shepherd the people towards.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What’s the difference between letting your life be an example to others versus arrogantly or boastfully parading our righteousness before men?
- How much of his personal life should an elder share with others? Should he air his “dirty laundry”? Is there a danger of being too much of an “open book”?
- Write down an incident in your life where you struggled deeply and felt like giving up on the Christian walk or ministry—a time when you felt like the cost of serving God and His people was too great. What did you feel? How did you climb out of that pit of discouragement? Is there someone you need to share that story with?
- Is there some area in your life where your teaching doesn't match your life? What is that area and what is your plan to do something about it?