Part 2 of a series on caring, with the goal to help elders develop some practical ideas for shepherding themselves and each others.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Do you agree that the elders are accountable to the congregation? Do you see any difficulties in this?
- What are some other ways the elders could keep each other accountable?
- What happens in the elders group when elders lack the courage to confront one another about issues that need addressing in each other's lives? What about when they lack love?
- Study 2 Samuel 12:1-13. Write an essay describing Nathan the prophet and his way of confronting David after his sin with Bathsheba. What characteristics do you see in Nathan, his approach and in David’s response? Also, do a study of Galatians 2:1-14, and do the same analysis of Paul and Peter.