The second in a three part series, this segment focuses whether and when an elder should refer a person to professional counseling.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What are some of the circumstances you may face that might require outside counseling?
- Why is it important that the outside counselor be a Christian?
- Is there ever a time when it may be advisable to use a “non-Christian” professional counselor?
- Think of one struggle or difficulty you have had in your life, where you needed help from someone else (either for prayer, counseling, or other kind of help), or that took you to great depths in your struggle of faith or life. Think and pray about how you could share this experience in your ministry. Take time to write down your “testimony” of this experience, your struggle, your seeking help and how God met you in that situation.