Part 1 of a series on pastoral visitation for people who are sick, hospitalized or shut-in.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What spiritual needs do you think older people have when they are sick and shut in?
- How would you respond to a person with terminal cancer who claims they will be healed?
- What are the dangers of leading a person to believe God will heal them if only they believe enough?
- If you are not an elder, talk with an elder and ask about his view of why God allows/causes suffering.
- If you are an elder, consider taking a survey of your congregation. Ask the following questions: a) If you were sick, what would be the best way for someone to spiritually encouragement you, b) What kind of practical help would help ease the difficulty, and c) What would not want for people to do or say? Either ask the whole congregations or ask at least 10 people. Be prepared to summarize your findings.