II. Equality and Diversity within the Eldership
1. All elders were made overseers to s_____________________ the church (Acts 20:28).
2. All elders are charged by the Holy Spirit to shepherd [pastor] the church (Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 5:1-2).
3. All elders have equal a_____________________ and responsibility for the pastoral oversight of the entire congregation (Acts 20:28).
4. All elders must be alert to false teaching and to guard the flock from false teachers (Acts 15:6; 20:28-31; Titus 1:9-13).
5. All elders must be able to teach Scripture and rebuke false teachers (1Tim. 3:2; Titus 1:9).
6. All elders must be publicly e______________________ as to the biblical qualifications for "overseer-ship" before serving as overseer (1 Tim. 3:10; 5:22-25).
7. All elders are responsible to v_______________ and pray for the sick (James 5:14).
8. All elders hare the designations “elder” and “overseer” (Phil. 1:1; 1 Tim. 5:17).
9. All elders are a_____________________ and under the pastoral care of the eldership body (Acts 20:28a).
10. All elders are to be appreciated, esteemed “very highly in love,” honored, protected from slander, and obeyed (1Thess. 5:12-13; 1 Tim. 5:17-19; Heb. 13:17).