SCHOOL OF THE SHEPHERDS
This elder training program, called “The School of the Shepherds,” is a robust one- to two- year program for developing godly, spiritually qualified pastoral-elders for the local church. It includes the Biblical Eldership study but involves much more. This is a complete program that fully readies a man for leadership in the church.
Though elders are specifically addressed throughout, the content can be modified as needed for other leadership roles. Indeed, the teaching on eldership in Scripture is given to all Christians (“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable…” 2 Tim 3:16), and all who want to grow in maturity are intended to learn from and apply that teaching to their own individual lives.
So who can benefit from this material and how can they use it?
- The church: to train and prepare men for spiritual leadership as elders in the local church.
- An existing elder: to grow as a disciple by improving his understanding of eldership and effectiveness in leading and shepherding God’s people.
- A potential elder: to prepare himself for the “fine work” of eldership.
- Young men: to help build a pathway toward eventually becoming an elder.
- Men and women in general: to provide selected training for their respective leadership roles in the church.
- For Christians in business or community: to foster Christian character in their work place and extend their leadership to spiritually caring for the people they lead and manage.
This training material presents a robust, comprehensive training program, arranged in modular form. Depending on the individual’s starting point and desired leadership goal, the modules can be selected according to the need. For churches wanting the best preparation for new elders, we recommend the full program. However, we recognize that needs, time constraints and levels of acceptance will vary from church to church—this program can be modified to suit the need.
To learn more about this program, click “School of the Shepherds.”