This is one of a four-part series on the importance of elders protecting the congregation from the influences of the world.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What do we learn about “friction resolution" from Paul in the way he deals with Euodia and Syntyche?
- How can an elder put into practice the "Syzygus" role within the local church?
- What kinds of things cause friction with you? Small things that easily irritate you?
- Describe the personalities of the elders in your church (or four active members of your church with whom you regularly interact). What do you see as their strengths, areas that can potentially cause friction?
- Ask three trusted friends or associates (fellow-elders, spouse, friends) to honestly evaluate your personality in terms of strengths, potential friction areas, ability to be a “Syzgus” in people’s lives. This will be very humbling, however, it can be a tremendous means for personal growth.
Read what Scripture has to say about personalities: http://www.openbible.info/topics/personality