Third message on prayer from Ephesians 6:18: Pray for all the saints and your missionaries.
- 1. From the presentation, how would 1 Samuel 12:23 apply to your work as a pastor-elder?
It would be sin not to pray for those who we are to lead and teach. Intercessory prayer is the work of a spiritual leader for the people.
- 2. What are Paul’s specific prayer requests that he makes from the church in Ephesus 6:19-20?
He requests that the believer pray that he would be about to communicate the gospel clearly to pagan Romans and also that he would be bold (courageous) in his presentation of the gospel.
- 3. What are four of the eight ideas for improving the elder prayer time?
Use prayer guide, appoint a prayer facilitator, short prayers, prayer request cards, break into smaller groups, sing, be specific, be creative.
- Answer this question: If the people in your church were dependent upon only the prayers of the elders, how would they be doing?
- What are two specific ways you could improve your missionary prayer practices.
- What are some ways elders can encourage each other to develop their personal prayer time for missionaries?
- List the missionaries that you are responsible to pray for regularly. How can you improve your intercessory ministry for them?
- Begin using your church directory to systematically pray for all the believers in your church.