The Word of God is essential in the life and ministry of the elder, not just academically or cognitively, but as a spiritually nourishing source of life. Part 1 of 2.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- When you read about David, Ezekiel and Jeremiah speaking about eating or tasting the Word of God, would that be a good description of your attitude toward the Word?
- In what way would you say the Word nourishes your soul?
- How would you describe the difference in the teaching by someone who just knew the facts of the Bible and theology as compared with someone who was saturated with the living Word of God?
- Spend time reading and meditating on Psalm 19. Then write a two or three paragraph statement describing in your own words the Word of God.
- Read Psalm 119 (the longest Psalm) and note how many verses make reference to the Law of God, precepts, statutes, etc. What does this tell you about David’s thoughts about the Law of God?
14 Reasons to Memorize an Entire Book of the Bible