God is concerned about the elder’s motivation for serving as a leader among his people. To persevere as a shepherd to God’s flock an elder needs to be rightly motivated by the love of Christ and the value of God’s flock. Join Alex Strauch for this two-part series.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Have you personally experienced or grasped the meaning of “to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge”? Explain.
- What motivates you to want to lead God’s people? List or discuss several reasons.
- List as many wrong motivations as you can, for wanting to be a church leader.
- List as many right motivations as you can think of for wanting to be a church leader.
Read 2 Corinthians carefully in light of right motivations for giving your life to serve God’s people as a leader. This is the most autobiographical letter of Paul’s. He tells us much about his motivation for serving the church in Corinth.