Third of three parts on self-discipline. This message presents more practical suggestions for how to develop personal self-discipline to be a more effective pastor elder.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What negative effects will there be on your church if you have a mismanaged, undisciplined personal life?
- At heart, do you think it is unspiritual to talk about personal life management principles and techniques for improving your work as an elder?
- There are good books to help people learn to get organized in their personal life and work. Find one that suits you, read it, and begin to implement the principles you learn.
- Make a list of the areas of life where you are strong in self-discipline. Make a list of the areas of life where you are weakest in self-discipline. Select one area in specific that you will make a matter of prayer and begin to apply the principles learned in this series on self-discipline. Talk to another Christian man about your challenge in this area.
The Secret of Self Control by Dr. Richard L. Ganz
Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney