First of three parts, we will explore what Scripture teaches about self-discipline in the life of a Spirit-indwelt elder.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Did you ever have a specific time in your life when you realized that you lacked self-discipline and that it was a root problem to many or all other problems in your life? Possibly you are coming to that realization now. If so, explain.
- In what area or areas of your life do you need to develop more self-discipline?
- Add to your prayer lists the request for the Holy Spirit to help you in your battle against a lack of discipline and for more of the virtue of self-discipline.
- Study what the Scripture teaches about the Christian virtue of self-discipline, especially the book of Proverbs (use a concordance or online bible to find all references to “discipline” or “self-control.” Make a list of the benefits of being self-controlled and the negatives of not being self-controlled. Besides the Scripture, what are some other practical benefits of being self-controlled?