Money is one way to distinguish false teachers from the true, and should not be the motivation for preaching or teaching God’s word.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What evidences are there that you view money as Paul and Jesus did? What are some ways to test your qualifications regarding money, as well as the qualifications of others?
- What are the pros and cons for a teacher or preacher to “negotiate” a contract to provide teaching to a local church?
- It appears that wealthy Christian men are more likely to be appointed as elders than those who are poor. How do you explain this? Is it right? What can be done to deal with this situation?
- Look through your expenditures for the past several months and see what this tells you about your attitude toward money and material things. After you have done this, discuss your conclusions with your wife or a trusted confidant or accountability partner.
“Money, Possessions and Eternity,” by Randy Alcorn