This unit demonstrates the importance of shepherding God’s people with gentleness and great patience.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- In 1 Cor. 13:4, Paul writes that love is “patient and kind.” What are some possible consequences to a local church that has a leader lacking these qualities?
- Can you think of a time or times when a gentle response was effective in helping persuade someone of the truth?
- How would you answer the argument that a leader who is gentle, kind, and patient is too passive to be in leadership?
- Read 1 Thess. 5:14 and 2 Tim. 4:2. From these two verses, make a list of the activities that the apostle Paul instructs us to perform with patience. Write down how you are doing in each of those areas.