This unit deals with people skills such as availability, responsibility, compassion, and how to create an atmosphere of love.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What are some indicators that you feel would demonstrate an elders warmth and compassion?
- Compare the people skills of Job’s comforters with those of the Lord Jesus Christ in the Gospels. How would you differentiate between them?
- What is the most important thing that affected you as a leader in this unit? Why?
- Of the four topics discussed in this unit (visibility, responsibility, compassion, and atmosphere of love), rank them in the order you consider to be your greatest weakness. For example, number one would be your greatest weakness, and so on. Then list one or two concrete steps you could take to improve in that area. Begin implementing your step(s) until it (they) becomes natural to you. (You may want to involve an accountability partner to help you).
Agape Leadership: Lessons in Spiritual Leadership from the Life of R.C. Chapman, by Robert L. Peterson and Alexander Strauch, Lewis and Roth Publishers.