This is the fifth in a five part series on developing leaders in the local church.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- How can you distinguish between a person who genuinely strives for leadership for godly reasons versus one who is striving for selfish ambition?
- What are some practical ways you can identify when God’s hand is genuinely on a person for leadership in the church?
- What are the dangers of a person being in a position of leadership, but that not being God’s sovereign choice?
- Talk to your church elders or leaders for examples of how God's sovereignty and human responsibility have been experienced in your church through the years.
- Make a study of key leaders in Scripture (Peter, Paul, Samuel, Moses, Joshua, for example) and how both God’s sovereignty and human responsibility were seen in their becoming leaders. What principles can you learn for leaders in the church today?
- Write down two lists: a) What are the evidences that God has chosen you for leadership and b) What evidences do you see in other potential leaders that may suggest God is choosing them for leadership?