This is the third in a five part series on developing leaders in the local church.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Why do you think so many leaders in the church today feel lonely?
- Can an elder in an elder-led church experience similar feelings as Elijah’s? How can shared leadership help guard against those feelings?
- What do you think are the signs that an elder may be experiencing spiritual depression?
- Think back through your efforts at leading in the church or other Christian organizations. Were there times when you experienced burnout, depression, discouragement or loneliness? How did that feel? How did you find your way out of it? Share this with one other person, not so much to get counsel, but to break the “silence” and the “shame” that sometimes keeps men from honestly acknowledging these experiences.
- List out in your own words the benefits of shared leadership as it relates to the leaders own struggles with loneliness, depression, or isolation.
“Replenish: Leading From a Healthy Soul,” by Lance Witt