Who shepherds the shepherds? Elders must shepherd themselves and each other. Join Bob Deffinbaugh as he investigates this important subject in the fourth of a four part series.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What do you think the speaker means by “leading from behind?” What does this look like when put into action?
- What, in your opinion, keeps elders pushing the ministry outward?
- Does your group of elders “collect ministry” or push it outward? Are there ways that you can encourage more people in the congregation to participate and take initiative in ministry so that the elders are not overburdened?
- Talk to an elder from another church and ask what are they doing to push ministry outward? If you are not currently an elder, ask you own elders this question. What is their response?