In 1 Timothy 5:19-25, Paul gives instructions for dealing with elders who sin. Here, the speaker focuses on verse 19 and protecting elders from false accusations.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- According to Proverbs 18:8, why do people love to hear scandalous tales and rumors, especially about their leaders?
- When you hear a scandalous rumor about a church elder, what should you do immediately?
- How does 1 Timothy 5:19 fit into the flow of Paul’s instructions (starting in verse 17) regarding elders?
- Read the entire text of Deuteronomy 19:15-21. Be sure you understand this important passage of Scripture. If possible, use a commentary to help you understand this passage better.
- Consider how you feel when someone makes a false accusation against you. Identify how you want to be treated in that situation. Then, apply this to how you treat others when you hear an accusation made against them. Come up with a statement saying how you will react when you hear accusations about other people.
Use your Bible concordance and look up all the verses on God’s demands for righteous judgment for others.