In this four part series, Chuck Gianotti examines the role and practical implications of a full-time elder as part of a team of elders in the local church.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What are the challenges involved in bringing a man from outside the church to be the full-time elder, rather than an existing elder from within the church?
- Do you think there is a place for paying a full-time administrator, particularly when the church gets very large? Explain.
- How would you respond to a person who says, “If a man is being supported for being an elder, then it automatically means he is doing it for ‘sordid gain’" as it says in 1 Peter 5?
- Study the book of Philippians and describe Paul’s attitude toward the Philippians and their financial support for him. Also, study Paul’s attitude toward being supported in 1 Corinthians 9:1-14. Write down in essay form what you discover.