In this four part series, Chuck Gianotti examines the role and practical implications of a full-time elder as part of a team of elders in the local church.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Which do you think is better, having a full-time elder or not having a full-time elder? Why?
- How can you know when the church is ready for a full-time elder?
- How do you deal with jealousy when one elder feels he should be doing more of the teaching or preaching, but another is given more opportunity?
- Talk to the pastors or full-time elders at two other churches to find out how they balance the shepherding responsibilities between the full-time elder and the rest of the elders?
- Write down a list of some practices the elders might adopt to guard against the congregation treating the fulltime worker as “the pastor.”