In this series, we focus on decision making principles among elders, based on Acts 6 and Acts 15.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Why in your opinion are traditions so hard to change?
- Of the special issues presented, which do you find the most difficult to deal with?
- What is it about the family dynamic that affects an elder’s perspective on decisions related to his family or relatives?
- Find someone who enjoys a different kind of Christian music than you do. Share together the stories behind your favorite songs or hymns, and why they are meaningful to each of you. Listen closely to the other person, and then repeat back to them your understanding of why those songs or hymns are important to them.
- Find someone who holds strongly to a tradition in your church and is resistant to change. Ask them (and then listen carefully) why the tradition is so important to them? Try to discern what their fears might be. Ask if they would be willing to sacrifice that tradition if it meant more young people might come to the church?