Part 2 of the series on developing a shepherd’s heart by modeling what you want to shepherd the people towards.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What (in your opinion) is the difference between shepherding and the gift of mercies?
- When we understand repentance as turning from wrong ways, how does this apply to someone who is struggling with discouragement, frustration, depression, guilt, etc?
- How important is being humble to an effective pastoral ministry?
- Think about someone you know that seems to be an effective shepherd of God’s people. What things in his life do you see that model a shepherd’s heart? Write him an email or letter and let him know what you see in him. Why? That is the kind of encouragement an elder rarely gets, but it can be tremendously empowering for him.