The elders need to be prepared to teach and counsel concerning same-sex attraction and relationships. This four part series gives insights into the struggle of homosexuality, and what we can say to and how we should treat those struggling with this issue in their lives.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What specific things need to change in the Christian Sexual Identity Script in order to help those who struggle with same-sex attraction?
- What are some practical ways you can show an individual struggling with same-sex attraction that they are loved and accepted, while not accepting their sinful actions?
- Talk with a person you know that is self-identified as gay or lesbian. Ask them how he or she as a Christian feels about their situation or struggle. Ask them how they want to be treated by other Christians.
- Make a list of ways you can love a person who is self-identified as gay or lesbian? How does this list differ than loving a person who is not self-identified in that way? What is different?