The Bible clearly teaches on the subject of same-sex attraction, both directly and by implication. Ben Mathew shows in this two part series what the Bible teaches about God’s standard for sexuality and homosexuality.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- The speaker gives the examples of 2 Samuel 1:26 and Song of Songs 8:1 where people often read their own cultural perspective and bias into the interpretation of the text. Can you think of any other passages where people have the tendency to do this? Explain.
- The speaker mentions one passage where Christ supports God’s design for marriage. Are there any other instances in the Gospels where he does this?
- This assignment is designed to help you find out how well average Christians are able to defend the view espoused in this series. Find three Christians that you know well and ask them how they would respond to those who say the Bible does not prohibit same-sex relationships.
- Do you know someone who is in a same-sex relationship? Ask him or her how they feel about the Bible’s teaching that it is wrong. How can you approach that person in a gentle, but clear way?
See the sidebar menu for an extended list of resources on this topic.