This series of message provide teaching and insights into how an elder can approach pre-marital counseling and performing weddings. Part 2 of 3.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- Why do you think it is important to make it clear in the first session that you are not committing to perform the couple’s marriage or to have their marriage performed in your church?
- Consider what the speaker says about performing a wedding if a pregnancy is involved. What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree or disagree with the speaker? Why?
- Are there any questions that the speaker did not discuss that you think should be asked during the pre-marriage preparation program?
- Ask two or three married couples to look back on their pre-marital counseling. What questions do they wish they had been asked before they got married? What were some great questions that they were asked?
- Find two or three couples who got married when one was a believer and the other was not. Ask them what struggles or complications they experienced in their marriage. Make a list of what they say.