Funerals and Dying
Join Bob Deffinbaugh as he shares great insights into the topic of funerals and dying. Part 2 of 4.
- 1. Why do we generally tend to resonate more with Fanny Crosby's hymns in relationship to grief rather than a song written by say a teenager?
There is something about suffering that clarifies the meaning of the hymns and songs as it ministers to our hearts.
- 2. How does assisting people in financially planning their funeral service help with future problems?
It can help them avoid being unreasonable in their spending, either by spending in excess which would be a waste of money or be a cheapskate and thus embarrass those left behind.
- 3. In which Psalm do we read about the phrase “The nearness of God is my good”?
- Explain the importance of life stories in presenting the gospel during the funeral service?
- Do you think the concept of joyful grief is legitimate or not? Explain your thinking.
- List the various things that can be done to customize a funeral service.
- Prepare a general outline for a funeral sermon using Psalm 73 as your passage.
“Heaven” by Joni Eareckson Tada
“Heaven” by Randy Alcorn