The first in a three part series, this segment focuses on a basic methodology of elder counseling and the need of empathy.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- How would you explain in your own words the imagery of the mother and father as expected in church leaders?
- How does trouble help elders grow in empathy? Give some concrete examples in your life where this has happened.
- Which of the two extremes do you tend toward, being distant from everyone or trying to be close to everyone, and what do you see as the challenge for you?
- Find the “rest of the story” of an empathetic elder or other believer in your church. Interview him or her, and discern what life events have helped them become more empathetic.