A key part of leadership in the church is conducting baptisms. In this series we discuss theological matters, candidates, criteria and the testimony involved. Part 3 of 3.Audio File Lecture Outline Detailed Outline
- Contemplate these questions, then click on each question to see the answer.
- What other practical considerations could also be included as it relates to practical preparation for baptism?
- What kind of communication do you currently have with baptism candidates? How could that improve?
- What would you do if when you go to baptize someone, and for some reason they don’t go all the way under?
- Are there any logistics (or electrical dangers!) that need to be addressed in your administration of baptism? How could they improved in your context?
- If you have never performed a baptism, consider practicing (on dry group) with someone else. Go through the actual motion of lowering them down and then up again. This may be a bit difficult when not in the water which give buoyancy, but the practice will help anticipate problems ahead of time.